Buscar este blog

jueves, 6 de octubre de 2016

Dear Mr Bryson


Dear Mr Bryson:

I know that it is not very polite to treat a 'total unknown' with this familiarity, but while reading your books I often have found so much enjoyment and enlightenment, so many little details make me laugh on loud,you show a deep concern in beauty not only in writing about places and facts but in putting down in words everything with a delectable and very funny use of 'mother tongue'... I Can't avoid write you this letter.

I know, as I said, that there is no good reason to make you lost five minutes of writing or reading or going on a walk (maybe in the woods or in a lost continent) or wherever you do to later build up books so plenty of meaning details - many times with a "splendesto" 'coda finale' -.
I know to stop you for a while reading this mumbling for an English beginner wich is, in fact, a later reader victim of not having another amazing book by wasting the time of his favourite author is not an intelligent move from a loving reader.

I know applaud somebody is not always encouraging but obstructing and finally, I know for sure - because you said so - that probably I'll be included in the category of strange people that write you random, meaningless letters.Maybe in the category of virus' propagator if I adjoint a photo of your books in a nice stack at home.

To be short and not try to speak about nearly everything I think about your books (wich is, as maybe you know, a way to ruin a good history) I'll tell you that I learn to give a second carefully chance at places and ideas I did not do it, if not for you.

Thank you, Dear Mr. Bryson

Yours faithfully, P.H.R.


Querido Sr Bryson:

Sé que no es muy educado tratar a un desconocido con esta familiaridad, pero leyendo sus libros he encontrado tanto disfrute e ilustración,tantos pequeños detalles que me han hecho reír, muestra ud tanta deleite en la belleza, no solo escribiendo acerca de lugares y hechos sino en plasmarlos con maestría en su lengua (mother tongue) ... que no he podido evitar escribirle esto.
Sé, como digo, que no tengo un buen motivo para hacerle perder cinco minutos para escribir,leer o salir de paseo (quizá por el bosque o por un continente perdido) o lo quiera ud haga para construir esos libros cargados de detalles significativos - muchas veces con una espléndida coda final -

Sé que detenerlo para hacerle leer este inglés balbuceante de primerizo me convertirá luego como lector en la víctima de no tener otro maravilloso libro por haberle hecho perder el tiempo y no es un acto lógico.

Sé que alabar a alguien puede ser más una obstrucción que una ayuda y por supuesto sé - porque ud. mismo lo ha dicho- que con toda probabilidad seré incluído en la categoría de gente extraña que le escribe cartas aleatorias o sin significado. Quizá incluso en la categoría de propagador de virus si le adjunto una foto de sus libros formando una hermosa pila, tal y como los tengo en casa.

Para no alargarme y tratar de no escribir acerca de casi todo que opino  de sus libros ( que es como quizá sabe, una buena manera de arruinar una historia) Le diré que he aprendido gracias a ellos a dar una segunda y atenta oportunidad a lugares e ideas .
Gracias, querido Sr. Bryson.

Suyo atentamente : P.H.R.

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Look over-nice gratified

wraitlito dijo...

No, maybe it seems because I cannot master english as I wish